New Zealand is at Level 1 of the Covid-19 response alert system.
All businesses can operate and interact with the public, so long as they do it in a safe way. They need to:
- Maintain a contact tracing register wherever workers, contractors or customers interact.
- Support the uptake of the NZ COVID Tracer mobile app by providing QR scan code posters at business and other organisational locations.
Support for businesses
Businesses affected by the change in COVID alert levels that started on 28 February can now apply for the Resurgence Support Payment from Inland Revenue. Applications close one month after the whole country returns to alert level 1.
For other support available to businesses, see https://www.business.govt.nz/covid-19/financial-support-for-businesses/
Information on Alert Level 1:
- Doing business at alert level 1 on the Covid-19 website.
- Information and advice on the MPI website
- Worksafe NZ website
- Alert Level 1 - COVID-19
- EMA website
International air freight transportation of essential goods
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) and NZ Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) have provided information on government assistance with the export and import of animal medicines and agrichemicals, classified as essential goods.
Exporters – Air Freight
- Exporters or freight forwarders interested in using this capacity should contact firstname.lastname@example.org, setting out the type of goods, quantity, New Zealand shipping port, overseas destination port and frequency.
- A case should also be made on why these goods should be freighted and what will happen if they are not.
Importers – Air Freight
- Importers requiring urgent supplies with high-priority goods such as human and animal medical supplies, which they are unable to organise shipment of, should contact email@example.com, setting out the same information as required for exporters (as above).
- NZTE will deal with airlines directly on this – approaches from airlines are not required under this initiative.
Contact us if you need any help or have any questions.
Environmental Protection Authority
Ministry for Primary Industries
For specific COVID-19 queries: 0800 00 83 83 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (answered within 24 hours).
ACVM enquiries: Karen Booth Karen.Booth@mpi.govt.nz
Air-freight imports/exports: email@example.com
Ministry of Health
Contact tracing: 0800 800 606 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Situation in Australia
CropLife Australia has added a dedicated COVID-19 page with the latest Australian information and links regarding escalated border closures and other government advice.