Product stewardship is the responsible and ethical management of a product from its discovery or development through to its ultimate use and disposal – from ‘cradle to grave’.
Stewardship begins at the research and development phase of a product, going on to distribution and use, through to eventual phase-out and disposal of any waste.
Our members support product stewardship in a range of ways including:
- The Agrecovery container recycling programme
- The Agrecovery chemical disposal scheme
- Sprayer training courses provided through GROWSAFE as well as training for supply.
- International Code of Conduct on the Distribution and Use of Pesticides – a voluntary standard and point of reference for sound pesticide management practices, issued by the Food and Agriculture Organization and the World Health Organization.
- The Agcarm Code of Conduct
- Creating awareness of and preparing guidance on pollinator safety, the use of seed treatments, wearing appropriate protective equipment when using agrichemicals, as well as storing and packaging crop protection products
- Resistance management, including antimicrobial resistance and pesticide resistance