Agcarm offers exclusive benefits to its members:
By liaising with regulators and other government departments, Agcarm:
- Offers a unified voice in dealing with issues at a governmental and regulatory level as well as the food industry, consumer and international bodies.
- Identifies emerging regulatory and political trends and communicates them to members.
- Encourages and assists science-based regulation process and standards.
- Member views are represented on industry-lead initiatives such as Agrecovery and GROWSAFE.
- Speaks out on behalf of the industry in the media.
- Champions an environment which encourages innovation and investment.
- Helps global distribution of products by facilitating harmonisation of regulatory guidelines.
- Crop protection, animal health and distributor groups each meet twice a year to discuss industry issues, meet with stakeholders and prepare action plans.
- Holds two conferences a year attended by members, government officials and other stakeholders.
- Labelling guide - Regulator-approved guidance on best practice labelling
- Sales audits for crop protection (including market share information) and animal health (discounted rates for Baron’s comprehensive sales audit).
- List of trade names of tracked substances.
- Guidance on exempt laboratories – WorkSafe guidance available soon
- Approved handler contacts
- Free use of Haznote the registered trade mark for safety documentation required for transporting some hazardous substances.
Members are part of an industry that is guided by ethics and take responsibility for their products by minimising issues and managing risks.
Members’ products are recognised for their long-term role in protection of public health, energy, food and feed.
This is done by:
- Advocating and promoting responsible use and product stewardship.
- Working with training organisations to deliver relevant and up-to-date training for suppliers of agrichemicals.
- Promoting ethical behaviours through the Agcarm code of practice for members.
- Enabling easy access to safety data sheets at point of sale.
Tracked substances list
Agcarm compiles an up-to-date list of tracked substances. The list is available free for members.
Agcarm employs an independent consultancy to do quarterly sales audits of plant protection products. These audits track sales of companies and give a snapshot of sales in various chemical groupings.
The audits are free for our members. Non-members can also join the audit.
Agcarm is a supporter of the Baron Strategic Services animal health audit.
Agcarm members who contribute data pay less than non-members to participate in the audit.
Agcarm members have exclusive access to using the trademarked brand ‘Haznote’, the emergency information and storage guide and dangerous good declaration.
Haznote is a template form which includes product name, substance, UN Number, Dangerous Goods Class, Subsidiary Risk Class, Packaging Group, Flash Point Temperature, Hazchem classification and maximum transport quantity.
For more information contact us.
The Agcarm Labelling Guide (HSNOCOP 9 v2) is being reviewed in accordance with recent regulatory changes – the new HSNO regulations and Health and Safety at Work Act.
It is still an approved Code of Practice and relevant for substances approved prior to 1 December 2017. These substances need to comply with existing controls until they are re-issued.
- Encourages graduates to enter Agcarm industries by offering scholarships and presenting at universities.